Thursday, October 15, 2009

Podcast Reaction

I listened to a podcast about the Philadelphia Philles. This is a podcast with speaker Rich Baxter. I love the way that he talks and goes on about the Phils. He only podcasts about the Phillies, which it awesome.

I especially liked the beginning. It was actual sound from the broadcasters and live sounds from the game. "That game" being Oct. 1st when they clinched the NL East. The sound in the beginning is what really drew me into listening, and made me want to listen more. It was the sounds of the stadium, the bats, the loud and vocal announcers from the game.

After the beginning 2 minutes, Rich was joined by his friend from South Jersey who also wanted to chime in with his thoughts on the Phillies. They talked at a good pace, good vocals, and upbeat. It was very interesting to listen to in that respect.

On the other side of the ball, no pun intended, the content was, and always is, interesting to me. Briefly talking about the Phils in 1980 in the World Series, and then again in 1983, to then winning last year and the different series last year. They then began to bring it "up-to-date." Talking about how fun the Phils are to watch, how good the players are, the different teams in the division and the competition.

Overall, I enjoyed this podcast, and rather than just listening to ten minutes, I listened to the entire thing. I love sports, especially Philly sports. A lot of the things that the guys were talking about I could relate to and picture in my head since I had seen the games and most of the plays that they were talking about. This podcast was interesting in both the technical aspect in that it was easy on the ears, and it was interesting to hear what other people think and how they feel about my team. The content of course, was interesting and very intriguing. I love listening to anything about my Phillies!

Here is the link if you would like to listen to the podcast,

http://www.fightinphillies.com/2009/10/phillies-talk-podcast-phillies-win-nl.html

No comments:

Post a Comment