Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Media Changes Over Time

When I think back about ten years I can distinctly remember my first cell phone. It was navy blue and it was rather bulky. It was a Nokia with a long embarassing antenna.

http://www.stopbuyingcrap.com/pics/sbc/cellphones1.jpg

I know now that cell phones have drastically changed over time, from touch screens to sliders, from black to red to pink. Cell phones now have cameras and internet access among many other applications. The Internet has also changed a lot in the past ten years. I remember my family's first computer and it's internet access. It was a dial up which took forever to connect. The biggest thing for me was to get on aol and hear the familiar "you've got mail!" I also loved instant messaging with friends. The internet now is much faster and easier to use. I have since 'upgraded' from my aol email account to a more professional account. I still use aim to message with friends, however, it is the updated version which also has its perks. Mass communication has become much easier over time, due to the advances in technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment